TK Maxx Case Study
- TJX Companies were founded in Framingham, MA in 1988. The company has expanded to include 652 international locations across Europe and Australia.
- TK Maxx is a subsidiary of the TJX Companies and first launched in the United Kingdom and Ireland in 1994.
- Beginning in 2007, TK Maxx continued to expand into Europe, opening stores in Germany.
- Soon after, in 2008, TJX brought its sister company, HomeSense, to the UK.
- The following year, TK Maxx launched the tkmaxx.com online platform for UK-based customers, as well as opening stores in Poland.
- European expansion continued in 2015 with TK Maxx stores opening in both Austria and The Netherlands.